Music is more than just the soundtrack to our lives, studies have shown that when you listen to music you like, your brain releases a chemical called dopamine that has positive effects on your mood. Music can make your child feel strong emotions and have calming effects when the television is too much. Below are the top 5 ways music can help your child relax, relate and release.
- Boosts Your Child’s Mood: Studies have shown that listening to music can benefit overall well-being, help regulate your child’s emotions and bring an ease of happiness and relaxation.
- Reduces stress: Relaxing music, like classical tunes and nursery rhymes has been shown to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Improves Memory. The repetitive elements of rhythm and melody help your child’s brain form patterns that enhance memory, studies have shown.
- Provides comfort. Music therapy has been used to enhance communication, coping and expression of feelings for children.
- Heart Health Improves. Studies have shown that listening to music can reduce heart rate, lower blood pressure and reduce stress levels.
Children can improve their health and mood just by listening to a few favorite tunes.